Photography is such a massive part of our society today. With the rise of social media, everyone seems to want to capture every moment they can to share with people online. It is a way of keeping in touch with people and also making sure people are updated with momentous occasions in your life.
With the rise of mobile phones, I have always been scared that photography may go on the wayside especially with the making of camera phones.
All smart phones can now shoot digitally and take high definition photos, but people are still drawn to buying cameras. I have always been an avid photographer and a great believer in keeping photography alive.
I think photographs can be works of art and I have always been drawn to capturing moments in my family’s lives. Even though so many people put photos online, I am still living the old school days of printing off pictures and putting them in albums.
I have taken it upon myself to help people find the best cameras that they can buy today. With so many brands out there, it can get very daunting to find a great camera. One of the camera brands on the market today is the Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Digital SLR with 18-55mm STM Lens.
The Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Digital SLR Camera comes with many features to enhance your photo taking ability and capture life’s greatest moments. Some of these features include:
- 18 MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- 4 FPS continuous shooting
- 9 point AF system, center AF point is cross-type
- ISO 100-12800 (expandable to 25600)
- 1080 (30, 25, 24 fps) and 720 (60, 50 fps) HD video (29min limit, H.264 format)
- 3″ touch panel LCD screen with 1,040,000 dots
- Movie Servo AF for continuous focus tracking of moving subjects
- Special scene modes for shooting kids, food, by candlelight, and creative filters
- GPS compatible with the GP-E2 (sold separately)
- Takes fantastic sharp pictures
- Shoots really high definition video
- Easy to Use
- LCD screen is a great addition to choose focus
- GPS compatible so you can organize shots listed by place
- Can focus on moving objects
- Shoots great at night
- Can easily crop photos right on the camera, saves you time
- Very light to carry
- Lose a ton of quality at a higher ISO
- Had difficulty focusing sometimes
- Makes a bit too much noise when filming
As I stated before, cameras definitely are a financial investment as they do range over $100, and can even climb far over $1000. However, if you find a good one, it can save you a lot of money in the long run, as if it is made well it can last you many years.
I always recommend for anyone buying a camera, or any type of electronic tool to take pictures, to always go to a store in person to hold it and take pictures with it yourself. Cameras are all about personal preference but even more so on your level of ability in photography.
If you are just beginning to start out in photography, I see no point for you to spend a lot of money on a very advanced camera. As with all skills, you get better with a lot of practice and it is better, in my mind, to practice on a camera that does not cost you an arm and a leg.
You may get a camera and realize you don’t even enjoy photography. However, if you are an advanced photographer it is also my pleasure to try and point you the best direction for a more high-end camera for your hobby or business!
All that being said I do not fully recommend the Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Digital SLR Camera. It is not technically a bad camera but I believe for the price, you can get an all around better camera.
For the more advanced photographers, this Canon loses a lot of quality at a higher ISO, and I think it is detrimental to your photographic success. This camera also has difficulty focusing at some points. I wish you the best of times in capturing memories with your family!