Going on a trip? Don’t forget one of the most essential things: a camera. A camera captures the most scenic places and your unforgettable moments.
It is composed of a lens, shutter release, and other mechanical elements in which the light enters into the enclosed box via a convex lens, and saves the image on a light-sensitive medium.
The first camera known to be used was the “camera obscura.” While it was not as advanced and modern as the cameras of today, the “camera obscura” served as the frontrunner of the modern camera.
Today, cameras come in different styles, models, and sizes. They come with different features and capabilities too. If you are a traveler, the best camera you could have is the one that is easy to carry, portable, and lightweight; hence, a travel camera would be the most suitable for you.
Among the travel cameras in stores today, one of the best is the Canon PowerShot G9 X Digital Camera. What are the features of the Canon PowerShot G9 X Digital Camera? What makes it stand out among the other travel cameras? Here are some of its features and advantages.
- The Canon PowerShot G9 X Digital Camera is a 20.2 MP with a high-sensitivity CMOS sensor camera. The mechanics are combined with a DIGIC 6 Image Processor that works great, even in low light settings. The image captured is enhanced with the camera’s ISO 12800 and fast operation
- Many travelers like it for being lightweight and having a very slim construction. It is a pocket-sized camera that you can conveniently carry anywhere you go
- It has an LCD touch panel which is easy to use. Through the LCD touch panel, you can quickly change the settings even during picture taking. Also, it provides a 3” image display
- It can be viewed on digital TVs with its HDMI output
- It can also be used to take videos up to 60 frames per second and with excellent results in MP4 format. When recording a video, you can choose from three different modes: Dynamic IS, Powered IS, Macro (Hybrid IS), and Active Tripod IS
- The images or videos captured can be conveniently transferred to compatible smartphones, tablets, or a Canon Connect Station CS100 device. It can be easily shared to social media because of its wireless capability
- It has a Star Mode feature which captures the brilliance of the night sky
- The Canon PowerShot G9 X Digital Camera is an impressive travel camera that provides brilliant, high-resolution images and videos
- Slim in construction and lightweight making it convenient to carry anywhere you go
- Captures images of up to 20.2 MP with ISO 12800, high sensitivity CMOS sensor, and DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Provides convenient playback with its 3” LCD display and different playback options such as HDTVs through the camera’s HDMI output
- Can also capture videos of up to 1080p full HD and in MP4 format
- Is great for capturing the night sky through its Star Mode feature
- It has built in Wi-Fi so the captured images or videos can be quickly shared on social media
- Built with Canon’s innovative Intelligent IS which aids in capturing clear, steady images even without the use of a tripod
- It is worth the money because it is loaded with features
- It is a pocket-sized camera which weighs only 7.37 ounces
- The Canon PowerShot G9 X Digital Camera is easy to use
- Images and videos can be conveniently transferred to different display devices including HDTVs, computers, and tablets
- The PowerShot G9 X Digital Camera’s body is well done and can be securely handled
- The angle of the flash is not adjustable
- The built in Wi-Fi is not compatible with Marshmallow Android on Nexus 6p
- It does not have a viewfinder
- There is no one-touch delete button
- The battery life could be better
The Canon PowerShot G9 X Digital Camera comes with many features that are important in a travel camera. The most important thing is its ultra slim, pocket-sized construction and 7.37 ounce weight which make is a perfect travel camera.
The second best feature is the image and video quality it captures. With it ISO 12800, high sensitivity CMOS sensor, and DIGIC 6 Image Processor, it captures 20.2 megapixel. The video quality is good with its 1080p full HD and also MP4 format.
It has modes for capturing the night sky and for recording videos in different environmental settings. The images and videos can be displayed on HDTVs, tablets, smartphones, and even on social media through its HDMI output and built-in Wi-Fi.
Although the Canon PowerShot G9 X Digital Camera has a few drawbacks, such as the absence of a viewfinder and a one-touch delete button, non-adjustable flash angle, and poor battery life, it is one of the best travel cameras you can find today.