In order to start taking pictures you first and foremost need to buy a fantastic camera. If you get a camera that does not work well, or God forbid, one that simply breaks down on you, it can be detrimental to your work. I have made it my mission to steer photographers in the right direction to save you the most money possible.
I have seen too many beginner photographers buy the cheapest camera they can afford but then it breaks within the first two months. I hope I can find you an affordable camera that also comes with the highest quality of service!
One of the camera brands on the market today is the great Olympus Mark II Mirrorless Digital Camera. It has been made to offer you the best experience while you are taking photos of your friends, family, and the world around you.
The Olympus Mark II Mirrorless Digital Camera is made to give you the most features possible. The features include:
- Built-in 5-Axis image stabilization for sharper images (found in all of the higher end models)
- 2.3 million dot OLED electronic viewfinder with 0.62X magnification
- Silent mode (disables all shutter sounds)
- 8.5 frames per second burst shooting
- Fast touch auto focus from camera or phone
- Best in class wifi connectivity
- Free Olympus Image Share App
- Can buy lenses for every situation you need
- Made for beginners
- 14 Art Filters or Use “Photo Story” to create a collage
- Full HD Frameraters for videographers dreams
- Enables you to shoot short video clips with CLIPS feature
- Built-in Flash for fill lighting, very essential
- Fantastic camera for beginners
- Has 5 axis image, which is also on models a lot more expensive than this one
- Great price
- Can shoot high definition video
- WIFI connectivity is great
- Can auto focus on their screen or even from your connected phone
- I love the Olympus Image Share App
- It has been made to teach you how to get better at taking photos
- Have to buy additional lessons to really get the full use out of this camera
Before I get into my final verdict, I just want to remind you about something I say to anyone who is reading my reviews. This is my own personal opinion and even though I have years of experience in photography, I may like something that won’t be suitable for your needs.
I will outline below exactly how I feel about this particular camera. I do try and stress to anyone wanting to buy a new camera that they should test it in person in a store before buying it online. There are so many factors that go into purchasing a camera but most importantly it is based on your skill level.
Beginner photographers need cameras that will compliment their skill without having to be too difficult that they can’t take a picture at all. On the other end of the spectrum, advanced photographers need to be challenged and want a device that has everything they need in a camera.
That being said, I do fully recommend the Olympus Mark II Mirrorless Digital Camera, especially for a beginner photographer. This is the camera I bought my son, who is in high school, when he expressed an interest in taking up photography.
I am always under the belief that new photographers should never invest over $1000 in a camera, as you don’t know if you’ll like it until you try it. This is why I find the Olympus Mark II to be a great buy!
It is a teaching camera. It has everything you need in a new camera while also challenging beginners with new ideas and new thoughts.
Even though it is not the most high-end camera that Olympus has to offer, they still build it in a thoughtful and kind way and it is made incredibly well.
For the more advanced photographer, this is still a great side camera if you need one to take on the road with you that you aren’t too scared too break. It will not let you down! I highly recommend the Olympus!