I have always been the biggest fan of photography and filming movies. My Mom had a film camera when I was very young and she would allow me to play with it and take pictures. Even though I was only five years old, I knew this was going to be my passion for the rest of my life.
Every single year for Christmas or for my Birthday, I would only ask for camera books or camera products, until one day when I was twelve years old, my parents gave me my first real camera. I would take it with me to school every day and take pictures of nature, of my friends, and try and capture as many memories as possible.
This became so important to my friends and I and how I got the nickname “Snap” from my friends. Today, everyone that I grew up with is so grateful for my passion because they have thousands of pictures to look back on.
I captured birthdays, parties, and just casual days at schools, and I would get them all developed. With the rise of technology I have been able to scan so many pictures to Facebook so my friends can see the work I collected over numerous years.
I am so grateful that my passion also became my career and I am so happy to have had the opportunity to go to university to study photography. I learned from some of the best and was fortunate that something I always loved I could be paid to do.
Since graduating, I have been working professionally mainly capturing moments of people’s wedding days. I have also made it my mission to tell people what cameras they should be buying and what ones they should stay away from.
With so many brands out there, it can get very daunting to find a great camera. One of the camera brands on the market today is the Sony Alpha a6300 Mirrorless Digital Camera.
The Sony Alpha a6300 Mirrorless Digital Camera comes with many features to enhance your photo taking ability and capture life’s greatest moments. Some of these features include:
- World’s fastest Auto Focus speed (0.05 sec.)
- 24.2 MP APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor w/ accelerated readout
- Up to 11fps continuous shooting w/Auto Focus and Exposure
- Internal UHD 4K30 & 1080p120 Recording
- Weather-Sealed Magnesium Alloy Body
- High-speed continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking
- Easily connect with NFC or QR code (for non-NFC devices) to smartphones or tablets with the built-in Wi-Fi and Sony’s PlayMemories Mobile application available for Android and iOS platforms
- tiltable 3 inch (921k dots) LCD Display makes it easy to photograph over crowds, or objects close to the ground
- The screen can swivel up approx. 90° and down approx. 45°
- Takes fantastically sharp pictures
- Shoots really high definition video
- Easy to Use
- LCD screen is a great addition to choose focus
- Wifi compatible, which is a great addition
- Mirrorless, one of the best on the market
- A Bit too Expensive for what it offers
- Overheats sometimes for me
Before I tell you my final verdict on the Sony Alpha, I want to remind you that this is just from my own experience with cameras. I am a professional photographer and I try and base my reviews on recommendations for both beginners and advanced photographers. But it does come down to personal preference.
A camera that I may not be the biggest fan of, may be the perfect type for you. So I always tell people, that even if you are planning to buy online, you should go to a local camera store and be informed in person.
At all the camera stores in my area that I would go to, there are employees there that allow you to hold the camera you are thinking of buying and take pictures with it. This will inform your decision and save you a lot of money.
All that being said I do not fully recommend the Sony Alpha a6300 Mirrorless Digital Camera. It does take great pictures but I find it too expensive for the little it has to offer. I believe you can get a better camera for cheaper!