Your baggage might be full already but there is one thing that you should not leave behind: your camera. On any trip, whether to another state or archipelago, your camera undoubtedly captures important moments, delicious exotic meals, and beautiful scenery. So never go on a trip without a camera.
Today, most smartphones come with high-resolution cameras. But they are not enough and many are looking for more in a digital camera. So, what is the best camera for travel?
Aside from camera phones, there are huge developments in cameras and video technology. Is there any specific brand of camera recommended for travel?
Technology has paved way to make gadgets smaller but more powerful and convenient. When it comes to cameras, the more features and more compact it is, the better.
With more varieties of cameras, would choosing for the best camera for travel becomes easier? Probably not. In fact, choosing a good travel camera may be quite overwhelming especially if you don’t have much experience with photography and technical aspects of cameras.
A lot of factors should be taken into consideration: the price, technical specifications, construction, weight, features, and more.
Fortunately, here is a product review of a camera that can be great for traveling: the Sony MP Exmor CMOS Sensor Digital Camera.
Is it perfect for capturing images while on a trip? Is it worth the money? Read on to learn more about the features, advantages, and disadvantages of the Sony MP Exmor CMOS Sensor Digital Camera.
- The Sony MP Exmor CMOS Sensor Digital Camera is a 20.2 MP camera with Exmor CMOS Sensor and 8-100 mm equivalent F/1.8-4.9 lens
- Its lens with ISO 125-6400 are expandable to ISO 80, 100, and 25,600. The lens (Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens) can be zoomed up to 3.6x. It also has a manual and dual record control which enables you to capture video on 1080p quality
- You can capture and view the image on its 3” LCD screen with 1.2M dots. The moving image size is 640 x 480 30 fps and captures burst modes or shots too
- Some notable features of the Sony MP Exmor CMOS Sensor Digital Camera are the steady shot image stabilization, rear control dial, and adjustable front control ring. Plus, it has an auto focus capability which includes face detection, selective single point, and more
- It is great as a travel camera because it measures only 101.6 mm x 58.1 mm x 35.9 mm and weights 213 grams.
- It is durable and won’t be easily damaged even when banged. It has a very slim and sophisticated aluminum body
- It can capture as many as 330 photos before the battery runs out
- Captures very sharp images and professional quality defocused backgrounds
- The Sony MP Exmor CMOS Sensor Digital Camera is a creative, sophisticated camera that has been built with a sturdy compact aluminum body
- Complete package with everything you need to maintain and use it. It comes with user manual, micro USB cable, wrist strap, AC adapter AC-UD11, battery, and shoulder strap adapter
- Captures sharp images
- Has auto-focus technology
- Has a compact and lightweight design best for traveling
- The lens can be zoomed up to 3.6x.
- It can capture video 1080p quality through its manual and dual record controls
- It comes with useful, advanced features
- It is made of strong aluminum body giving it a durable construction and sophisticated appearance
- The Sony MP Exmor CMOS Sensor Digital Camera can capture up to 330 photos
- User manual, micro USB cable, wrist strap, and other accessories come with this travel camera
- Wide lens to immediately preview the captured images
- Built with wide-range ISO sensitivity in the most appropriate environment settings
- Lack of dedicated power button for flash
- Slow zoom in and zoom out
This Sony MP Exmor CMOS Sensor Digital Camera is loaded with features that make it one of the best travel cameras. It may be a compact and lightweight camera, but it captures high-resolution images by having an auto-focus feature, wide-range ISO, and a lens zoomable up to 3.6x.
It can also record high (1080p) quality video through its manual and dual record controls. It is loaded with so many features for a travel camera.
However, just like other products, it has drawbacks too. It does not have a dedicate power button for flash, and the zooming in/out is slow. Customers suggest to have these features improved.
But these drawbacks are countered by the numerous advantages such as the durable construction, slim body, bright image capture, and more. No wonder the Sony MP Exmor CMOS Sensor Digital Camera is one of the best travel cameras that you can find in stores today.